Monday, July 9, 2012

{devotion} Ugly lies or Beautiful truth?

"I just want to work on my abs."

"I just want to lose X inches."

"I really need to work on my thighs."

"I need to get back to how I used to be."
All day long I hear this. All day long I see unhappiness written across faces. All day long I watch women struggle with self-image. It's my job to "fix" them and make them happy again.

These ladies are some of the most beautiful ladies I have known. Yet, Satan plagues them with ugly lies. I get it. I know the battles they face. I took it to the extreme once.

But now I know the truth. and I want to scream at them, "You are beautifully and wonderfully made!"

I love how Paul put it in Romans. He basically says who are we to question HIS work??

Romans 9:20
     But indeed, O man [or woman], who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"

When Satan plagues you with lies, whether it's about physical, spiritual, or mental image, exchange those lies for the Lord's healing truth!

Ecclesiastes 3:11a
    He has made everything beautiful in its time.

2 comments:

  1. This post should have begun


    "Dear Katie,"


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meag, absolutely. It's so hard for me to remember God's truth -- maybe because the world shouts and God's truth whispers and I need to listen better. And like Katie . . . this could have begun "Dear Sarah," as well. Thanks for the wonderful verses, friend.

    ReplyDelete